Open Tuesday - Sunday | 8am - 4pm
The web site www.hamishscafe.com.is owned and operated by Ashburn Stoves Ltd who trade as Ashburn Stoves & Heating
Specific products and services, for example those supplied in line with MCS standards for renewable heating, carry their own terms and conditions which are attached to the relevant contracts.
Product information is offered in good faith, but should only be regarded as a guide. Confirm any details before making any purchasing or contractual arrangements. E&OE.
Neither Ashburn Stoves Ltd nor any of their associates or employees can accept any liability for errors or omissions on our web site, literature or other information given in good faith. We make every effort to provide accurate information, but errors and omissions are possible. Dimensions and other specifications given on this site are mostly as provided by the manufacturer and may be approximate (sometimes manufacturer-supplied information is contradictory). Specifications may change without notice. Please confirm any specific details before ordering.
All prices in our price guides exclude VAT at the prevailing rate. All goods and prices are subject to availability from our suppliers. We accept payment by BACS, cheque, credit and debit card or PayPal. Title to goods remains with Ashburn Stoves until paid for in full, however risk of goods is the customers from delivery onwards.
Ashburn Stoves Ltd does not include delivery costs in the published prices. Delivery costs are calculated on each order based on the size, weight and location. As all deliveries differ in cost we do not subsidise distant deliveries with local ones.
• Appliance delivery in mainland UK can range between approximately £80.00 to £100.00. Certain Highland and Northern Ireland postcodes incur an extra charge. Pellet boilers and large heat stores take the space of two pallets and are more expensive to deliver accordingly. We are happy to confirm delivery costs, just contact us and ask.
• Payments must be cleared before goods can be released from stock.
• Dispatch for delivery normally takes 3-4 days but can take up to two weeks depending on availability. It can take up to six weeks in some instances for special orders, if the lead time is longer than six weeks you will be informed by email of the estimated lead time for your goods.
• We do not deliver stoves or boilers outside the UK and Northern Ireland. You will be contacted before your order is processed to confirm eligibility.
• Your goods may be delivered on an articulated lorry with a tail lift. Please let us know upon order if there is a problem with access and we can make alternative delivery arrangements.
• Stoves, boilers and heat stores are very bulky and heavy. There will be one driver who will help, but we suggest you have at least one other person with you to assist.
• The driver will move the goods to the nearest wheel point, depending on access. The driver will be unable to move the goods across gravelled or unfinished drives, through narrow openings, or up steps. If in doubt organise a weatherproof cover to protect your investment if unable to deliver into a building.
• We must advise that you check the goods while the driver is still there. The driver is obliged to wait with you up to 15 minutes (for palletised goods only), whilst you unpack the goods.
• If the driver refuses to wait then please mark the goods as damaged on the delivery note, so you are covered for all eventualities.
• If you have checked the goods and they are found to be damaged, please mark this clearly on the delivery note.
• If you sign the delivery note without indicating damage of goods you are accepting that they reached you in good condition. If you subsequently find damage that should have been detected upon inspection at time of delivery we cannot be held responsible for such.
• If goods are damaged please contact us, quoting your Order Reference and Delivery Note, and we will ensure replacement parts are sent out immediately. We may request photographic evidence of the damage and the return of the damaged goods.
• If you are unavailable when your palletised goods are delivered at your pre-booked time, then re-delivery charges will apply.
• If you are unavailable when package goods are delivered, the courier company will leave a note, explaining how to re-arrange delivery for a more convenient time.
• If you cancel an order after it has been dispatched, we regret that you will be charged for the return delivery costs, even if the products have not reached your address.
When an order is placed with us you we require a written purchase order detailing the goods required. You will then receive an invoice and details of the products you have ordered. We ask all customers to double check that what they have ordered is correctly detailed on the invoice as once dispatched it is not possible for us to cancel your delivery.
Installation (if applicable)
It is your responsibility to choose a product which suits your needs. Once we have delivered your product, you are responsible for storage and installation. It is your responsibility to ensure that products are installed correctly and in compliance with current Building Regulations and the I.E.E (Institute of Electrical Engineers) Wiring Regulations. Contact the Building Control Officer of your Local Authority to find out how these regulations apply to you.
We strongly recommend that you do not book a date for fitting until the item has been delivered.
We ask you to help us where possible by taking responsibility for ordering the correct item, and clearly specifying any options you require.
It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure the fitters are suitably qualified to fit their product. If you are unsure then we recommend checking on the HETAS and/or MCS web site.
Pictures & Images
All sizes and measurements are approximate. We do however try to ensure that all sizes, measurements and images on the web site and literature are as accurate as possible. All pictures on the web sites and literature are for illustrative purpose only, and may not exactly match the product itself. Colours may vary to those illustrated and can look different on individual computer screens. We never knowingly publish misleading or incorrect product descriptions or images.
Privacy & Security
All personal details that you give us are securely stored. We will never supply or sell any customers details to any outside organisation. We do not store any bank, credit or debit card details. All credit and debit card details are handled by Worldpay’ secure server.
Costs Incurred by You
We are not liable for any costs incurred by you or any loss of earnings. For example if a delivery is delayed in any way and you have to rebook an installer then we are not liable for any extra charges that the installer may charge you. We always recommend that you do not book an installer until you are in receipt of the goods. We are also not liable for any loss of earnings as a result of you taking time off work to accept a delivery even if it is late or delayed.
Cancellations and Returns
Mail order, telephone and internet sales to individuals (not businesses) are covered by the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (UK Law Directive 97/7/EC), which protect you by providing a 7 working day cooling off period after the day after the product has been delivered. A customer has the option to cancel any order between the time of placing it and 7 working days after delivery. Cancellations must be in writing by post or by email to email@example.com (not to ANY other email address) and quoting the Order Number. Under the Distance Selling regulations you have the right to receive a refund within 30 days of cancellation. We normally pay refunds within 14 days of cancellation of the goods being returned safely (whichever is the later). You are advised to retain the packaging. You will find it difficult to return the item without appropriate packaging. The goods must not have been fitted, installed or used in any way. The goods must be unmarked and free from blemishes of any kind, and you must return them in an as new saleable condition. All spare parts are non-returnable and non-refundable due to being a special order. The cost of returning the item to us is your responsibility. If you want to cancel the order before accepting delivery then you must refuse the delivery at your address. The delivery driver will take the goods away and return them to us however the return delivery costs will be your responsibility.
Our Returns Policy
We strive to supply goods in excellent condition. Some of our products are both heavy and fragile, and need careful handling until installed. We will repair or replace (for free) any item found defective or damaged before delivery or during unloading. This is in addition to your manufacturers guarantee. We cannot accept return of products which are damaged after delivery. If you wish to return part or all of your order please email firstname.lastname@example.org, ensuring you quote your order number and the date you received your goods. You must confirm that the goods are in the original packaging, unused in anyway and that we are able to inspect the goods before signing for them. Failure to do this will result in no return number or address being issued. Items returned to us must be sent by recorded delivery.
Offers and Voucher Codes
All offers on ashburnstoves.co.uk are non-transferable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, unless the offer directly stipulates eligibility.
Surveys and installation
Ashburn Stove does not install products directly and as such do not offer site surveys. You are responsible for organising your own site survey using a qualified person, we will not be held liable as to the suitability or otherwise of the appliance for your installation. The installation contract resides between the Customer (you) and the Installer you choose and not Ashburn Stoves. Ashburn Stoves are not liable for any work or quotes carried out or supplied by the Installer.
Contract of Sale between the Purchaser (the customer) and the Seller (Ashburn Stoves) begins when the Seller notifies the Purchaser of despatch.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Contact information including email address
• Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
• Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
• We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
For surveys and newsletters we will only contact people who have indicated that they are happy to receive information from us.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on-line.
All payment information is collected by and managed by PayPal. We do not directly collect or handle this information ourselves.
As with most websites, cookies are used in the following manner. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the web site.
Links to other web sites
Our web site may contain links to enable you to visit other web sites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You can unsubscribe from our mailing lists by selecting the unsubscribe link on any automated news or information we send to you, or you can contact us at any time requesting to be removed from our Mailing List.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are compelled to do so by law.
General Terms and Conditions:
0845 539 0364
Company Registration No: 8382637
VAT reg: 154828587